Wednesday, October 24, 2012

SJK (T) Convent, Seremban

Hi Everyone,


Everyone will be wondering why I have chosen this topic after so long have left blogging.  This has crossed my mind after reading the news in The Star "Nithya to represent Malaysia in World Youth Chess meet" on 23rd of October 2012.

This school was my school, the place where I like to spend more than half of my day learning and playing with my friends during my childhood. This school has taught me many things. Many of my friends have asked me, "how can you speak Malay so fluent"; The secret is this school (My School) SJK(T) Convent, Seremban. 

Now my school had an opportunity to craft their name internationally.  Once upon a time whenever I mentioned my school name everyone thought that I was from SK Puteri, Seremban as my school doesn't have its own identity. Well done Convent Teachers, Girls and Boys; You have made our school Identified!!Does anyone remember how was this school once upon a time? I put my first step of my education at this school in 1995 to start my Primary 1. When I joined, this school was at the middle of Seremban town (which is now turn to a lake or something - no idea on it)


The school in 1953

After the school demolished in 1996



Now in 2012

In 1992, the State government announced the building is no longer safe to be used.  The government decided to close down this school but many parties disagree with this decision and oppose.  Thumbs up for those who sacrifice to bring this school up! When I was in Primary 2, the entire school have to move temporarily to an old school building at Jalan Tuanku Antah, Rahang.

When it moves there, the number of students started to decrease in the result of very far from home. For myself, I have to take 2 buses from my home to reach my school. This situation has become more worse as the public transport in Seremban is very poor. Can you all just imagine how the situation has been where the number of students in Primary 2 have decreased from 75 to 25 (Roughly the figure). The building was still lacking for facilities as it doesn't have field for the students to play. Moreover, whenever there's heavy rain it will be flooded where we can catch fish in the classrooms (LOL, can't forget the moment).

From the name, you can say this is a girls school but now no more. Now it's a mix school. In 1997, as the amount of students very less, the school have accepted boys. That time there was only 4 boys in my class.

In 2000, I completed my studies in primary and continue my studies at SMK King George V, Seremban. The school has moved to wawasan school complex at Seremban 2 in 22.12.2003 after it operates at Jalan Tuanku Antah for 7 years.

I am very proud to be one of a student in SJK (T) Convent.




I dedicate this writing to my beloved teachers and friends. A school that make me become a better person. 

Dear Teachers,
"Jasamu sentiasa Dikenang walau dimana jua saya berada"
Thank you Teachers.
My wishes to this school to become more successful in future.

Congrats and All the best to S. Nithyalakshmi. 

p/s: My Apologies If there is any mistakes or it's hurting some parties please ignore this as this is just an expression of a ex-student.

Regards, 
திலகேஸ்வரி அப்பளசாமி 
Student of SJK(T) Convent, Seremban in 1995-2000









1 comment: